Lecturer/Instructor/Adjunct/Visiting Professor/Clinical Professor/Teaching Professor Appointments
Department of Business Administration
University of Illinois
The Department of Business Administration at the University of Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. We are inviting applications from candidates excited in contributing, through research, teaching, and/or service to the excellence and diversity of the campus.
SHORT DESCRIPTION SUMMARIZING POSITION FUNCTIONS
Teach, and if required in the position, conduct research in Business Administration, with preference in the following areas:
• Information Systems
• Operations Management
Applications may also be considered for the following areas, based on departmental teaching needs.
• International Business & Business Law
• Organizational Behavior
• Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teach at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels
• Engage in activities that maintain faculty qualifications under AACSB guidelines. For Teaching Professors and Clinical Professors this may include conducting research.
• Graduate degree or extensive professional experience required in relevant field for Instructor, Adjunct and Clinical positions.
• Individuals working toward a PhD or other terminal degree may be considered, but the degree must be obtained by the starting date for Lecturer, Teaching Professor and Visiting Professor Positions.
• Demonstrated teaching effectiveness, strong research and leadership potential commensurate with position sought.
SALARY: Salary will be commensurate with rank and experience.
APPOINTMENT STATUS: Lecturer, Instructor, Adjunct, Clinical Professor, Teaching Professor and Visiting Professor; non-tenure track; full and part-time.
PROPOSED STARTING DATE: August 16, 2017.
For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your required documents that must include a letter of intent stating the area of expertise, course-teaching capabilities, and curriculum vitae, evidence of past teaching, and names and contact information for three references by April 5, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed and inquiries may take place prior to the closing date, however no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Applications will not be accepted via mail or email.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Rebecca Heid firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.333.9396. You may also visit http://business.illinois.edu/ba/ for further information about the department.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).