Assistant to the Managing Editor
Illinois Journal of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants for the position of Assistant to the Managing Editor. This position is responsible for providing editorial support to the Illinois Journal of Mathematics (IJM) Managing Editor, as well as production of the journal, financial management, subscription management, and maintenance of systems and records for the IJM. This position acts within the scope of the policies of the Editorial Board of the Illinois Journal of Mathematics.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Editorial Management
• Production Management
• Subscription Management: Management of 750+ journal subscriptions, both print and online:
• Financial Management: Provides financial planning for the journal by:
• Miscellaneous Duties:
• Bachelor's degree in Publishing Studies, Communication, Journalism or related field.
• 2 years of experience in academic publication environment. Experience and skill using computer software; TeX, Unix, FileMaker Pro, Excel, and journal management software (such as Edit Flow).
• Detail-oriented, thorough, and deadline-driven. Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to organize and manage operations in a timely fashion.
• 3 years of experience in academic publication environment.
The Assistant to the Managing Editor is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. Eligibility for benefits are contingent on your citizenship or work authorization. For full details on eligibility requirements, please reference http://www.ahr.illinois.edu/employees/current/other.html#Benefits. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by March 31, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Caitie Bruning, firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-244-7693.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu